What Is an Informative Essay
Table of Contents
What Is an Informative Essay and How to Write It Quickly
Informative essay writing is an indispensable part of education at any level. Schoolers, college students, and university attendees have to compose these essays from time to time to show their understanding of particular concepts or topics. So, how do you start this assignment to get things done quickly? What tone should you adopt to keep in line with informative writing standards? What is the best approach to concluding such works?
Stay tuned as we’ve covered all essentials of informative essay writing in this article. Read on to find a universal outline fitting all topics and subject areas, tips for compelling beginnings, and conclusion writing hacks. We also added a section on transitions to help you make the essay coherent and readable.
Informative Essay Outline That’ll Save You HOURS of Writing
Here is a complete outline that our writing pros use when composing assignments of this kind. You can twist it to your topic or word count requirements, but the general outline seems suitable for all essay kinds.
- Start creatively by using some attention-grabbing fact, exciting idea, or statistic. Don’t start with a question – it’s a non-academic technique that tutors don’t like.
- Next, voice your main idea or topic of the essay. The central concept you’re shaping your essay’s narrative around should be in this sentence.
- Expand your point and give some supporting details about the essay’s subject.
- End the paragraph with a well-written, concise thesis statement. It will serve as your readers’ roadmap to essay structure and logic.
BODY OF THE PAPER
- Formulate a topic sentence with this paragraph’s main idea.
- Give supporting evidence for this idea, citing sources, giving real-life examples, and referring to various contexts and scenarios.
- Summarize your arguments and give a transition to the next idea.
- Topic sentence
- Supporting facts and evidence
- Topic sentence
- Supporting facts and evidence
Once you have laid out all facts that you possess about the object of your informative writing, it’s time to conclude. This essay type does not require any argumentation or critical analysis; the narrative is purely objective. So, your main task in the concluding part is to summarize the provided evidence and remind the readers of this information’s value and significance.
Though we touched upon paragraph writing briefly, here is a crib for writing any paragraph on any topic equally quickly and simply: the RACES method. RACES is an acronym for:
R – restating the question to make it a statement
A – answering the set question
C – citing evidence from external sources in support of the main statement
E – explaining the provided answer
S – summarizing argumentation
How to Start an Informative Essay – Simple Opening Lines
The main secret of effective, quick writing that our professionals share is collecting and organizing facts properly. This skill forms the basis for time-effective research and allows hassle-free academic writing. Besides, this pre-writing step informs the process of introduction writing, enabling you to identify accurate information and shape an attention-grabbing opening.
We use simple opening lines that catch the reader’s attention and invite them for further reading, such as:
- As we know it, medicine is far from the times of “heroic medicine” of the 18th-19th centuries, when a sore throat was treated with bloodletting and blistering, often causing patients to die.
- Socrates once said, “I know that I know nothing,” and despite millennia of efforts to challenge that point, we all understand the limitations of human intelligence.
- Working hard is not trending anymore; productivity gurus emphasize the need to work smarter, which necessarily presupposes the use of technology.
As you can see, these sentences offer an insightful introduction to the subject of further discussion. Writers structure them to establish credibility and invite readers to explore the issue further, already knowing what it is.
How to Write a Conclusion for an Informative Essay
The role of conclusion in an informative essay is similar to that of conclusions in other academic texts, except for the fact that you’re not convincing people of anything. The writer’s task in this essay type is to inform, educate, and layout available materials to advance readers’ knowledge of some subject.
So, the best strategy for crafting a conclusion here is to reword your thesis statement, mention all essential facts about your subject, and end with reference to this subject’s broader context and future directions.
15+ Informative Essay Transition Words for Any Case
Informative writing should be coherent and well-structured, typically achieved by adding transition phrases in proper places. To help you deal with these assignments better, our writers share their transitions list here:
Addition of Information
- In addition
Ecology needs a concerted effort of governments and people to recover. Additionally, public education can work well in terms of hindering climate change.
Pointing at Consequences
- As a result
- For this reason
We got up late and couldn’t find the keys for half an hour. As a result, we were late for the plane.
- In contrast
- On the one hand… on the other hand
- By the same token
On the one hand, sweets are a source of joy and pleasure for kids. On the other hand, they spoil teeth and cause diabetes.
- Aside from
- Other than
Aside from eating in bed, Mary never closes the door behind her. What a nasty roommate!
- For example
- As an illustration
- In this case
I don’t like being late. For example, I always get up two hours before leaving my apartment if I have an important meeting in the morning.
Not a Fan of Writing?
Still struggling with your informative essay, with no valuable ideas or solutions in mind? Please don’t fall into despair; we always have workable solutions and timely assistance variants for you to manage the submission on time. There is no need to struggle with your assignment alone if there are many qualified experts to help you out.
Contact us today to get your informative essay done competently and quickly; college life is too exciting to waste it on home tasks you don’t like or understand.